The School of Philosophy organises various events and courses for the enjoyment of students and visitors. This page lists upcoming offerings that complement the School’s Philosophy courses and bring practical philosophy to everyday living.
You can also read more about featured events in the Features section of this site.
On the Calendar
- Cultural Day - Sunday 11th November, 2018 (details to come on Cultural Day Features page)
- Practical Wisdom Workshop: Calligraphy - An exercise in mindfulness - Saturday 24th November, 2018 (details below)
- Sanskrit Residential Week 2019 - Thursday 27th December, 2018 - Friday 4th January, 2019 (refer to Sanskrit Week Features page)
- Just This Day - Dissolving differences in Devotion to the One - Wednesday 28th November, 2018 (details below)
- Plato Residential Week 2019 - Saturday 5th January - Saturday 12th January, 2019 (refer to Plato Week Features page)
- Start of next term - Monday 28th January, 2019
Practical Wisdom Workshops
Practical Wisdom Workshops are offered in the belief that the timeless wisdom traditions still have relevance in today’s world and when applied produce unique initiatives. We have lined up 3 passionate presenters who have all found inspiration and conviction from studying and practicing the tenets of wisdom texts over many years. They here offer the fruits of their study which has been as much practical application as intellectual study.
The PWW format offers a forum for the participant to join in and question if required or share their experiences if desired or just to soak up the information and quietly reflect how it might apply in their lives.
The philosophies that have stood the test of time were ground breaking in their day. Come and be a part of something old yet new, individual yet universal - Be a part of the heard - not the HERD!
Current workshops are:
- Saturday, 20 October - It is as it is!, presented by Dr Neil McNab.
- Saturday, 24 November - Calligraphy - An Exercise in Mindfulness, presented by Mrs Deirdre Hassed.
More discourse than lecture, these presentations offer you the opportunity to engage with the subject matter, question & discuss with like minded people. Join the discovery of practical wisdom and how it could be applied in daily life.
Location: All workshops will be held at the School of Philosophy. 1 Through Street, Hawthorn. (Enter through Erasmus Primary School carpark off Through Street).
Cost: All workshops $35 each
Each workshop is limited to 20 attendees.
For more information and to book, go to https://www.practicalwisdomworkshops.org/
Just This Day
On Wednesday November 28th all are invited to join in the worldwide celebration when we go beyond apparent differences and connect with the One underlying unity.
Click here to view The Program.